Pages

Friday 2 September 2016

Cross Country

I was so excited, I couldn't wait till it was the year 6's turn. It was finally our turn. We lined up. I went through my plan again, sprint as soon as they say go and when nobody is behind me I would stop and have a rest, and then when someone is behind me I start running again. When the horn went off I followed my  plan. My goal was to beat Vika one of the fastest girls in my year. I was a bit behind, I thought I would lose this race. But then I thought never give up and I was running with the girls in the front. I tried to go in front of the girls which were Dinah and Vika. I beat them and I was coming third. My mouth felt dry and my heart was beating faster and faster every second. I sprinted again and then it was between me, Fifita who was coming 2nd and Ambalika who was coming 1st. 
I was doing really well, I was following my plan. I was nearly at the finishing line. My mouth was really dry. I really wished I drank water. Vika was catching up I sped up she went in front of me I sprinted even faster and I was once again in front of her. I was so happy. I ran till I was about to finish. I was coming third I was going to complete my goal, but then Vika went in front of me. I was so tied I had to give up, I was dizzy I needed a drink. I had to give up. I didn't complete my goal I came 4th. But I was very happy that I was close to winning. So I am still proud of my self. 

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sylvia. It's Sebastian from the Mamaku Hub. That cross county looked hard and you did way better than me on the cross county. Did you have fun? I wanted to read more but you put a lot of effort into it. Great blog post as well keep it up. Mai Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have fun and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ni Hao Sylvia. My name is Jazmine From Mamaku 2.
    Hi That cross Country looks fun and did you have any fun It looks like a lot of people were behind you for cross country.
    Did you have a lot of fun?
    What Place Did you come for cross country?
    Did you go west coast cross country?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Jazmine. It's Sylvia, I did have a lot of fun. I came fourth place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Hinemoa and i love the part you where running.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.